For optimum performance, AT&T highly recommends choosing a good location for the wireless router. When setting up the router, it should remain at least 3' (1 m) away from other wireless devices such as a Hydrawise enabled controller.
AT&T recommends the following as well:
- Install the router away from large metal objects such as metal racks and cabinets.
- Do not install it near other power sources. The power supply should be at least 6' (1.8 m) away.
- Install the router away from cordless phone bases or microwaves.
- Install the router vertically with nothing resting on or against it.
- Do not install the router in a closed area such as a cabinet or closet.