Eero mesh routers are compatible and successfully connect to all Hydrawise enabled controllers. The topics covered below can assist in controller connection challenges you might experience with an eero mesh network.
Model: All models
- Bridging Access Points
- Block From Network
- Naming Controller
- Reset modem and Router
|Bridged Access Points|
Bridge your eero devices by using following the instructions below: Bridged Access Points - Mesh networks need to have their access points (AP) bridged so the IP allocation from the DHCP server match. This can be an issue with the IP the controller receives from the AP and DNS server which will cause the DNS to fail when doing a network test. LEARN MORE
- Open the eero app and tap SETTINGS (bottom right corner).
- Select ADVANCED.
- Select DHCP & NAT.
- Switch your selection from AUTOMATIC (recommended) to BRIDGE or MANUAL (for those running static IP).
- Click the SAVE button in the top right corner.
|Blocked From Network|
If you notice a device that shouldn’t be on your network, you can restrict it from accessing the internet by blocking it from the connected device list.
If you’re using the iOS version of the app, tap on the HOME TAB to open the list of connected devices. You can tap on any device on this list, then scroll to the bottom of the menu that appears and select BLOCK FROM NETWORK to disable network access on that device.
Blocked devices will now appear in a new list that populates at the bottom of the home screen. You can tap on any device on this list to remove it from the block list, which will re-enable network access.
The eero network may not allow unknown devices to connect. Please be sure to log in to the eero software and name the irrigation controller if this is the case.
|Reset Modem and Router|
- Unplug the modem and router for 2-3 minutes.
- Plug in the modem and allow it to fully power up.
- Plug in eero and let it power up.
- Perform a soft reset on the eero device and allow to reboot.
- Open the eero app (settings, troubleshooting, my device won’t connect, my device is 2.4 ghz only, temporarily pause 5 ghz).
- Reboot the controller and allow it to connect to the 2.4 ghz.
Additional Troubleshooting Tips
- Perform eero router updates regularly using their app.
- If using a mesh network (multiple eero devices), use the eero app to check which eero device the Hydrawise controller is connected to. The controller may be communicating to an eero device that is NOT within range and you're unable to switch eero devices. Try a router reboot or temporarily change the SSID, then revert back to the previous name attempting to move the controller to the closest eero device.
- Power down all eero devices and leave one online to see if connection problems persist. This will confirm a mesh issue and the routers need to be moved closer to the controller.