|Comcast-Xfinity Router Connection Issues|
Manufacturer: ComcastThe Comcast-Xfinity router by default has the Wi-Fi channels set to Auto. This may cause problems with connection to your Hydrawise controller. This can be easily fixed by changing the channel of your 2.4Ghz signal to channel 6. It is also recommended to change the bandwidth to 20/40. <
Changing WiFi Channel in the Admin Tool
- Connect to your WiFi network and access 10.0.0.1 from a web browser.
- Navigate to Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi, where you will see your private WiFi network name(s) displayed. If you would like to update your WiFi channel, click EDIT.
- Mark the Manual radio button for the Channel Selection field, and choose your desired channel number in the Channel field.
- To complete the change, click Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
Changing WiFi Channel in xFi
- Visit www.xfinity.com/myxFi or open the Xfinity xFi app and sign in with your Xfinity username and password.
- Navigate to the More section, where you will see your WiFi name(s) displayed (found under Advanced Settings in the xFi app).
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and select 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi.
- If you would like to select a specific WiFi channel, select Edit next to 2.4 or 5 GHz. A dialog window will appear.
- Select the channel number from the Channel drop-down. To complete the change, select Apply Changes at the bottom of the dialog window.