The X2 Controller with the WAND WiFi device allows for Wi-Fi setup over Bluetooth connection via smartphone. Bluetooth is a wireless technology that is used for exchanging data between fixed and mobile devices over short distances. This is a useful way to communicate easily when Wi-Fi is not available at the location of the controller.
NOTE: If you receive either of the messages listed below, please use these steps before reconnecting. Under your mobile Bluetooth settings, choose a WAND device, then select FORGET THIS DEVICE.
- Alert - Peripheral disconnected.
- Notification - Hunter device not responding; please try again.
|Steps for Connecting WAND with Smart Phone via Bluetooth|
- Navigate to the Hydrawise SETUP wizard on the Hydrawise app or Hydrawise.com website.
- Select your X2 CONTROLLER.
- Click CONTROLLER SETTINGS in the left menu tab.
- Click the CONNECT TO Wi-Fi button.
- Select the BLUETOOTH button on the app or website.
- Select the [WAND] HunterX2XXX device matching the last 3 digits of the module's serial number.
- Enter the 6-digit code on the X2 controller display and click the Pair button in the app.
- A list of nearby Wi-Fi networks will appear. Select your wireless network and click the CONNECT button.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and click the CONTINUE button.
- Once connected, the WAND LED will turn solid green •, the word ONLINE with a solid Wi-Fi icon will appear on the controller LCD. The Hydrawise app will show a 'Connection Successful' message.
- Click the CONTINUE button to continue set irrigation schedules.
IMPORTANT: When the controller first connects, you may notice a controller message UPd8 A, B C. This indicates a firmware update and the WAND should NOT be removed during this process. If the WAND is removed, the controller could be damaged.