Establishing new turf or plants can sometimes require a special watering program. It is typical to use a GROW IN PROGRAM for several waterings per day for the first few weeks. This will ensure that the new turf sod does not dry out and establishes into the soil. It may require you to ignore the rain sensor and any other watering triggers that might reduce watering as well.
The Hydrawise Grow In Program provides a STANDARD MODE PROGRAM which allows for custom runtimes, watering triggers, rain sensor activations, multiple start times all with a defined start and end date. This makes it easy to set up a new turf or sod program, then will automatically switch to a normal program on the calendar day selected.
IMPORTANT: A Grow In Program does not stop additional programs from running as they will run in conjunction with one another. If you want to use a Grow In Program (e.g; new turf), with multiple start times, and want it to finish on Monday the 19th, then you set the END DATE for the 19th. If you want a more permanent program to take over on the 20th, then you set up an additional program to start on the 20th with NO END DATE.
- Log in to your HYDRAWISE account.
- Click the () zones icon at the bottom of the app. Click on ZONES and SCHEDULES if using a PC.
- Select PROGRAMS.
- Add a new program by selecting the () icon.
- Enter in a PROGRAM NAME, then select the watering type TIME-BASED. Click NEXT.
- Choose the WATER DAYS (Blue means water). Options are listed below.
- Specific days to water (most common)
- Even or Odd day watering
- Interval days - See article here for details
- Enter in START TIMES (Up to six-max), then select NEXT.
- Select ZONES. The edit box will only appear if you check the zone box. Add RUN TIMES using the up arrows in the box. When finished here, select NEXT.
- Predictive watering adjustments - Adjusted based on your water triggers
- Monthly adjustments can be made using a chart as well.
- Click OK when adjustments are complete.
- Select GROW IN PROGRAM. Choose a start and stop period that the program will run. You also have the option to bypass the sensor as well.
- Start a Program on a certain day
- Stop a Program on a certain day
- Ignore the rain sensor for this program