Hydrawise uses local, real-time weather forecasting and the most accurate weather stations available to fine-tune your irrigation system to current conditions. Water triggers are the settings in your Hydrawise software that can be adjusted based on your watering requirements. When a trigger met the adjusted threshold, it will make the change in the software to either adjust the watering schedule or cancel watering.
To adjust the water triggers, follow the steps below:
- From the HOME screen, select the icon in the upper left.
- Select WATER TRIGGERS.
- Adjust each TRIGGER that applies to each zone.
Choose which adjustments to apply when editing the program using instructions here.
Predictive Watering Adjustments (Triggers that Cancel Irrigation)
- Aborted Due to High Probability of Rain
- Forecast chance of rain is higher than trigger, the schedule will reset/check again the following day
- Aborted Due to High Forecast of Wind Speed
- Local wind speed is higher than mph set in trigger, the schedule will reset/check again the following day
- Not Watering Due to Low Temperature
- Forecast High Temperature is lower than temperature set in trigger, the schedule will reset/check again the following day
- Aborted Due to High Weekly Rainfall
- Total amount of rain for the last 7 days is higher than trigger, the schedule will reset after the last 7 days is less than trigger
- Aborted Due to Rainfall Higher last 24 hr
- Previous day’s rainfall is higher than set in trigger, the schedule will reset/check again the following day
- Water 30% (Edit) less when today's forecast temperature is less than (X)
- Water 100% (Edit) more when today's forecast temperature is above and humidity is below 100%