This operates the same way as the Hunter SOLAR SYNC by adjusting the run time per zone. It uses daily ET from your selected weather stations instead of on-site ET so it does not require on-site Solar Sync sensor installation. If no weather station ET is available, then it will fall back to using forecast ET and historical ET. The virtual Solar Sync makes its adjustments based on the rolling average of the last three days of data.
Please view the steps and screenshots to access this feature:
Click on ZONES AND SCHEDULES from the home dashboard, then select PROGRAMS. Scroll over to ADD PROGRAM and click on the icon.
- Enter in a PROGRAM NAME, then select the watering type VIRTUAL SOLAR SYNC. Click NEXT.
- Choose the WATER DAYS (Blue means water). Options are listed below.
- Specific days to water (most common)
- Even or Odd day watering
- Interval days - See article here for details
- Enter in START TIMES (Up to six-max), then select NEXT.
- Select ZONES. The edit box will only appear if you check the zone box. Add RUN TIMES using the up arrows in the box. Set station run times for PEAK summer watering. For assistance on establishing correct run times for your system, see run time calculator. When finished here, select NEXT.
- Set Predictive watering adjustments - Adjusted based on your water triggers
- Monthly adjustments can be made using a chart as well.
- Click OK when adjustments are complete.
IMPORTANT: When the Virtual Solar Sync is making adjustments, you will see this in your REPORTS tab. Click on the zone and one of two Virtual Solar Sync messages will appear.