1. Navigate to the Hydrawise SETUP wizard on the Hydrawise app or Hydrawise.com website.
2. Select your X2 CONTROLLER.
3. Click CONTROLLER SETTINGS in the left menu tab.
4. Click the CONNECT TO Wi-Fi button.
5. Select the Wi-Fi Direct (SAP Mode) button on the app or website.
NOTE: In some cases, establishing a connection may be an issue, so you may have to re-start using this process.
6. Press the BLACK button on the WAND twice for the Wi-Fi setup.
7. WAND's Wi-Fi status LED will blink AMBER • twice per second. SAP will appear on the controller LCD.
8. Select the CONTINUE WHEN LED IS BLINKING TWICE button.
Choose your device below and continue with the setup steps.
iPhones or iPads:
You should be seeing the CONNECT TO THE HUNTER X2 WIFI screen. If not, go to the Hydrawise app or Hydrawise.com website, navigate to CONTROLLER SETTINGS, click the CONNECT TO WIFI button, select the SAP (SoftAP) button, click the Continue when LED is blinking twice button.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone or iPad device.
- Select the HUNTERX2XXX Wi-Fi network name matching the last 3 CHARACTERS of your WAND serial number.
- Disable MOBILE DATA only on your device when prompted.
- Return to the Hydrawise app and click the RE-SCAN button.
- A list of nearby Wi-Fi networks will appear. Select your wireless network and click the CONNECT button.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and click the CONTINUE button.
If your password is longer than 19 characters, you will need to update your WAND firmware before continuing. See article.
- Enable MOBILE DATA on your smartphone when prompted. WAND will connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Once connected, the WAND LED will turn solid green •, the word ONLINE with a solid Wi-Fi icon will appear on the controller LCD. The Hydrawise app will show a 'Connection Successful' message.
- Click the CONTINUE button to continue set irrigation schedules.
IMPORTANT: The WAND's Wi-Fi pairing process will automatically stop after 10 minutes if no action is taken. Press the WAND button twice to restart the Wi-Fi Direct Setup process or press the WAND button until “SAP” appears on the controller LCD.