1. Navigate to the Hydrawise SETUP wizard on the Hydrawise app or Hydrawise.com website.
2. Select your X2 CONTROLLER.
3. Click CONTROLLER SETTINGS in the left menu tab.
4. At the controller, press the BLACK button on the WAND twice for Wi-Fi setup. WAND's Wi-Fi status LED will blink AMBER twice per second. SAP will appear on the controller LCD.
5. Click the CONNECT TO Wi-Fi button.
6. Select the SAP (SoftAP) button.
7. Click the Continue when LED is blinking twice button.
8. You should be seeing the CHOOSE YOUR X2 screen. Select the HUNTER_X2 XXX Wi-Fi network name matching the last 3 CHARACTERS of your WAND serial number.
9. Disable MOBILE DATA only on your device when prompted.
10. Return to the Hydrawise app and click the RE-SCAN button.
11. A list of nearby Wi-Fi networks will appear. Select your wireless network and click the CONNECT button.
12. Enter your Wi-Fi password (19 character limit) and click the CONNECT button.
13. Enable MOBILE DATA on your smartphone when prompted. WAND will connect to your Wi-Fi network.
14. Once connected, the WAND LED will turn solid green , the word ONLINE with a solid Wi-Fi icon will appear on the controller LCD. The Hydrawise app will show a CONNECTION SUCCESSFUL message.
15. Click the CONTINUE button to continue set irrigation schedules.
NOTE: In some cases, establishing a connection may be an issue, so you may have to re-start using this process.
IMPORTANT: The WAND's Wi-Fi pairing process will automatically stop after 10 minutes if no action is taken. Press the WAND button twice to restart Connect with Smartphone (SAP Setup) or press WAND button until “SAP” appears on the controller LCD.