This message indicates the WAND is not fully connected to the network. We detect this within about 7 minutes for all Hydrawise controllers. When the controller is OFFLINE, it will continue to water the default watering schedule as it's stored on the memory of the controller. Any changes you make to your settings and schedules through the app will only update to the controller when it reconnects to the internet. In addition, no reporting and weather adjustments/predictive watering triggers will apply while offline.
NOTE: Online X2 controllers periodically receive firmware updates for the controller and Wi-Fi module improving operation, compatibility, and new functionality. If the X2 Controller screen is showing any of these Codes (UPd8A, UPd8b, or UPd8C) it is online, please wait until the update is complete. Learn more
The following article will cover the topics listed below:
- LED Status
- Troubleshooting Steps
- WiFi Checklist
|●||WAND is waiting for the user to add Wi-Fi credentials.|
|●||The controller is Online and connected to the Hydrawise server.|
|●||Incorrect Wi-Fi password entered or Wi-Fi network lost.|
|● 1 blink||WAND is in Bluetooth pairing mode.|
|● 2 blinks||WAND is in SAP (Soft Access Point) mode.|
|● 3 blinks||WAND is in Pbc, router-supported (WPS) mode.|
- Check that your wireless router and controller are powered on.
- Verify serial numbers in the software match the number in the controller status screen.
- Signal Strength check - A medium or higher signal strength is required. To check the signal strength, use SAP mode.
- Reboot Controller - Remove the WAND module and reinstall.
- Factory Default - For factory reset, Click here.
- Reset Modem/Router - Unplug for 15-20 seconds. Next, plug back in and wait 2-3 minutes. Repeat these steps two more times. Check the display of the X2 Controller to see if ONLINE. This will refresh the connection to an extender if you have one installed.
- Reset Extender (if have one) - Reset extender as well to refresh the IP settings.
- Connection Methods - Try each connection method below.
- Testing with Hot-spot - For testing with a hotspot, Click here.
- Check Server Status. If the controller is connected, then the screen will display ONLINE.
- Check Network Settings - The following Wi-Fi requirements apply to your Hunter Hydrawise-ready controller.
Hunter WAND controller is 802.11 B/G/N
2.4 GHz only.
|Router Channel||Set between 1-11|
|Security Type||WPA or WPA2|
|Guest Networks/Networks with portal page login||Not compatible|
|Mac Address (If Needed)||Enter f8f0 followed by serial number (e.g., f8f005fb90ce)|
Secure MQTT (TCP Port 8883)
HTTPS (TCP Port 443)
NTP (UDP Port 123)
DNS (TCP and DNS Port 53)