Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a feature supplied with many routers. It is designed to make the process of connecting to a secure wireless network from a computer or other devices much easier.
NOTE: The button is usually located on the front or rear of the router labeled WPS. Refer to the manufacture of the router for the specific location. You will be asked for this in STEP 8.
1. Navigate to the Hydrawise setup wizard on the Hydrawise app or Hydrawise.com website.
2. Select the controller X2 model if you have more than one controller. See link for more details.
3. Click CONTROLLER SETTINGS in the left menu tab. For mobile devices, this is located by clicking the hamburger icon in the upper left side.
4. Click the green CONNECT TO WiFi button.
5. Select the PBC (WPS) button on the app or website.
6. Press the black button on the WAND three times for Wi-Fi setup.
7. WAND's Wi-Fi status LED will blink amber three times per second.
PBC will appear on the controller LCD.
Select the CONTINUE WHEN LED IS BLINKING THREE TIMES button.
8. Press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router.
Once successfully connected, the WAND LED will turn solid green , the word ONLINE with a solid Wi-Fi icon will appear on the controller LCD. Return to the Hydrawise website to set irrigation schedules.
IMPORTANT: The WAND's WPS router pairing process will automatically stop after 2 minutes if no action is taken. Press the WAND button three times to restart Connect with Router (WPS Setup) or press WAND button until “PBC” appears on the controller LCD.