Yes, the HCC is compatible with Hunter’s ROAM and ROAM XL remotes, allowing for fast and reliable manual operation in the field from long-range distances without the need for a smartphone. There is no need to remove the smart port adapter from the controllers when doing a facepack upgrade.
Compatible models include all Hunter remotes: SRR, ICR, ROAM, and the ROAM-XL.
If the Smartport is not installed on the controller, see illustrations below for wiring instructions.
Note: Any extension of the wiring on the SmartPort may result in an error message in
the controller display and possible malfunction of the remote unit due to radio interference. In
some situations, lengthening of the harness may work fine, in others it may not work at all (it is
site specific). In either case, extending the wiring harness should be done using shielded cable to
minimize the possible effects of electrical noise. For easiest installation, order the Hunter SmartPort shielded cable wiring harness. (P/N ROAM-SCWH) with a full 25' (7.6 meters) of
- Bottom 24 VAC terminal - Red wire
- Second 24 VAC terminal - White wire
- Remote terminal - Blue wire
|Smart Port Wiring|
The ROAM System will allow you to remotely turn on and off any station on your Hunter controller with the press of a button. Once on, the station will run for the run time you have designated in the remote. To remotely activate a station, follow the steps below:
- Plug the receiver into a SmartPort® that is connected to a powered controller. The receiver will beep 4 times followed by a 10-second pause and a single beep.
- If your transmitter is not on (no display), wake it up by pressing and holding the MODE button for 5 seconds. The Transmitter will display the active station.
- Use the up and down buttons to display the station you would like to start.
- Press the "Green Play Button" to start the station. The Transmitter will display the Transmit icon . If you are near the receiver, you will hear it beep 2 times. This indicates that the Receiver has received the command.
- Press the "Red Stop Button" to turn off any station that is on. The display will show the Transmit icon and receiver will beep again twice. The ROAM System is designed to turn on
one station at a time (unless you activate a program). Therefore, turning a station on
while another station is operating will cause the operating station to turn off.
NOTE: The ROAM remote can activate any station on the controller whether the controller dial is in the “SYSTEM OFF”, “RUN” or “RUN/BYPASS SENSOR” modes. If a sensor device has been wired to the controller, the ROAM remote will NOT override the sensor for manual operation. For more programming information, please see attached manuals for both the ROAM and ROAM XL remotes.