There are many times when two controllers are being supplied from a single POC (point of connection) or source of water. Hydrawise-ready controllers can be connected to a single master valve using a isolation relay (part number REL2). This device will allow for two controllers to share the same master valve with out any issues.
The few limitations include:
- Only one controller can operate at a time.
- A delay of at least five minutes between the operation of controller #1 and controller #2 is desirable.
- Electrical alerts will apply for each controller.
Steps for set up.
- Wire the relay according to the drawing below.
- Set up the master valve in the the app for both controllers using the normal instructions in the article here.
- Set up a new master valve using the app for controller #2 as per normal instructions.
REL 2 is NEVER connected to high voltage. It is for 24 VAC devices only.