This message indicates the controller is not fully connected to the network. We detect this within about 7 minutes for all Hydrawise controllers except the HC models with firmware version 1.89 or 2.05. These HC controllers take up to 7 hours to indicate their NO INTERNET CONNECTION message. If you have the X2 controller with WAND WiFi Module, please use the troubleshooting section here.
When the controller is OFFLINE, it will continue to water the default watering schedule as it's stored on the memory of the controller. Any changes you make to your settings and schedules through the app will only update to the controller when it reconnects to the internet. In addition, no reporting and weather adjustments/predictive watering triggers will apply while offline.
IMPORTANT: If you see the message in the Wireless setting “Connected”, "WiFI connect successfully" or the solid icon , this does not always indicate you are completely connected to the server. Please check the Connection (Server) Status to view if you are fully connected.
The following article will cover the topics listed below:
- Connection Status/Description
- Troubleshooting Steps
- WiFi Checklist
No Internet Connection
|Software Status - The controller is NOT CONNECTED to Hydrawise. We detect this within about 7 minutes so this would be a connectivity problem.|
|Connection Status (Connected) - From the Home screen at the controller, select Status > Connection Status. A SUCCESSFUL connection to the Hydrawise servers is indicated by the Last Sync under 1 minute or Connected: updated "X:XX" Ago as the Server Status. The controller is connected to Hydrawise and received a configuration update "X:XX" seconds ago. This is the normal state.|
|Connection Status (Disconnected) - A UNSUCCESSFUL connection to the router is indicated by Can't Find WiFi Access Point, Wireless Down, No Internet, or Last Sync 1 minute or greater as the Server Status. The controller is NOT connected to the router.|
- Check that your wireless router and controller are powered on.
- Verify serial numbers in the software match the number in the controller status screen.
- Serial number location in controller Click here
- Serial number location in software Click here
- Signal Strength check - A medium signal of 75> is needed in order to connect and maintain connection. Settings > Wireless > Wireless Name > Select Network > Read strength (High recommended for best functionality).
- Reboot Controller - Settings > Config > Reboot Controller > Connection (server) Status
- Factory Default - Settings > Config > Factory Default > Erase Config > Connection Wizard >Connection (server) Status
- Reset Modem/Router - Unplug for 15-20 seconds. Next, plug back in and wait 2-3 minutes. Repeat these steps two more times. Check Connection (server) Status. This will refresh the connection to an extender if you have one installed.
- Reset Extender (if have one) - Reset extender as well to refresh the IP settings.
- Testing with Hot-spot - For testing with a hotspot, Click here.
- Check Server Status. This test will tell you if the controller is working fine and may need to install an extender for a better connection.
- Check Network Settings - The following Wi-Fi requirements apply to your Hunter Hydrawise-ready controller.
2.4 GHz only.
|Router Channel||Set between 1-11|
|Security Type||WPA or WPA2|
|Guest Networks/Networks with portal page login||Not compatible|
|Mac Address (If Needed)||
Secure MQTT (TCP Port 8883)
HTTPS (TCP Port 443)
NTP (UDP Port 123)
DNS (TCP and DNS Port 53)
Wifi Extender Note: You can try and connect to the extender via hotspot. If you have connection issues here, then your not getting an internet connection from the source.