From the Home screen at the controller, navigate to Server Status by pressing Status > Controller Status. A successful connection to the Hydrawise servers is indicated by Last Sync under 1 minute or OK-Updated "X:XX" Ago as the Server Status. The controller is connected to Hydrawise and last got a configuration update "X:XX" seconds ago. This is the normal state.
An unsuccessful connection to the router is indicated by Wireless Down, No Internet, or Last Sync 1 minute or greater as the Server Status. The controller is NOT connected to the router.
- Check that your wireless router and controller is powered on.
- Signal Strength check - Settings > Wireless > Wireless Name > Select Network > Read strength (High recommended for best functionality).
- Reboot Controller - Settings > Config > Reboot Controller > Check Server Status
- Factory Default - Settings > Config > Factory Default > Erase Config > Connection Wizard >Check Server Status
- Reset Router - Unplug for 15-20 seconds then plug back three times > Check Server Status
- Check Network Settings - The following Wi-Fi requirements apply to your Hunter Hydrawise-ready controller.
- Hunter HC controller is 802.11 B/G
- Hunter Pro-HC controller is 802.11 B/G/N
- Hunter HPC controller is 802.11 B/G/N
- Bandwidth - 2.4 GHz only. Not compatible with 5 GHz
- Router Channel - Set between 1-11
- Guest Networks/Networks with portal page login - Not compatible
- Mac Address (If Needed) -
- HC - Enter 001e followed by serial number (e.g., 001e05fb90ce)
- HCC/HPC/PROHC - Enter f8f0 followed by serial number (e.g., f8f005fb90ce)
- Testing with Hot-spot - Depending on your smartphone, please use either guide below:
If controller will not connect to the hot-spot, email the Support Team:
Hydrawise Email Support