This message indicates the controller is not connected to Hydrawise. We detect this within about 7 minutes so this would be a connectivity problem for controllers with version 3.00+.
NOTE: It takes 7 hours for a Hunter HC indoor controller with version 1.89 or 2.05 to indicate "No recent contact".
From the Home screen at the controller, navigate to Server Status by pressing Status > Controller Status. A successful connection to the Hydrawise servers is indicated by Last Sync under 1 minute or OK-Updated "X:XX" Ago as the Server Status. The controller is connected to Hydrawise and last got a configuration update "X:XX" seconds ago. This is the normal state.
An unsuccessful connection to the router is indicated by Wireless Down, No Internet, or Last Sync 1 minute or greater as the Server Status. The controller is NOT connected to the router.
- Check that your wireless router and controller is powered on.
- Signal Strength check - Settings > Wireless > Wireless Name > Select Network > Read strength (High recommended for best functionality).
- Reboot Controller - Settings > Config > Reboot Controller > Check Server Status
- Factory Default - Settings > Config > Factory Default > Erase Config > Connection Wizard >Check Server Status
- Reset Modem/Router - Unplug for 15-20 seconds then plug back three times > Check Server Status. This will refresh the connection to an extender if you have one installed.
- Reset Extender - Reset extender as well to refresh the IP settings.
- Check Network Settings - The following Wi-Fi requirements apply to your Hunter Hydrawise-ready controller.
- Hunter HC controller is 802.11 B/G
- Hunter Pro-HC controller is 802.11 B/G/N
- Hunter HPC controller is 802.11 B/G/N
- Bandwidth - 2.4 GHz only. Not compatible with 5 GHz
- Router Channel - Set between 1-11
- Guest Networks/Networks with portal page login - Not compatible
- Mac Address (If Needed) -
- HC - Enter 001e followed by serial number (e.g., 001e05fb90ce)
- HCC/HPC/PROHC - Enter f8f0 followed by serial number (e.g., f8f005fb90ce)
- Testing with Hot-spot - Depending on your smartphone, please use either guide below:
Wifi Extender Note: You can try and connect to the extender via hotpsot. If you have connections issues here, then you not getting an internet connection from the source.
If controller will not connect to the hot-spot, email the Support Team:
Hydrawise Email Support