This message indicates the controller is not connected to Hydrawise. We detect this within about 7 minutes so this would be a connectivity problem for controllers with firmware versions 3.00+.
NOTE: It takes 7 hours for a Hunter HC indoor controller with version 1.89 or 2.05 to indicate NO RECENT CONTACT!
From the Home screen at the controller, navigate to Server Status by pressing Status > Controller Status. A successful connection to the Hydrawise servers is indicated by Last Sync under 1 minute or OK-Updated "X:XX" Ago as the Server Status. The controller is connected to Hydrawise and last got a configuration update "X:XX" seconds ago. This is the normal state.
An unsuccessful connection to the router is indicated by Wireless Down, No Internet, or Last Sync 1 minute or greater as the Server Status. The controller is NOT connected to the router.
- Check that your wireless router and controller is powered on.
- Signal Strength check - Settings > Wireless > Wireless Name > Select Network > Read strength (High recommended for best functionality).
- Reboot Controller - Settings > Config > Reboot Controller > Check Server Status
- Factory Default - Settings > Config > Factory Default > Erase Config > Connection Wizard >Check Server Status
- Reset Modem/Router - Unplug for 15-20 seconds. Next, plug back in and wait 2-3 minutes. Repeat these steps two more times. Check Server Status. This will refresh the connection to an extender if you have one installed.
- Reset Extender (if have one) - Reset extender as well to refresh the IP settings.
- Check Network Settings - The following Wi-Fi requirements apply to your Hunter Hydrawise-ready controller.
Wi-Fi Checklist: Network Types
- Hunter HC controller is 802.11 B/G
- Hunter WAND controller is 802.11 B/G/N
- Hunter Pro-HC controller is 802.11 B/G/N
- Hunter HPC controller is 802.11 B/G/N
- Hunter HCC controller is 802.11 B/G/N
2.4 GHz only.
Not compatible with 5 GHz
Router Channel Set between 1-11 Security Type WPA or WPA2 Guest Networks/Networks with portal page login Not compatible Mac Address (If Needed)
- HC - Enter 001e followed by serial number (e.g., 001e05fb90ce)
- HCC/HPC/PRO-HC/WAND - Enter f8f0 followed by serial number (e.g., f8f005fb90ce)
Secure MQTT (TCP Port 8883)
HTTPS (TCP Port 443)
NTP (UDP Port 123)
DNS (TCP and DNS Port 53)
- Testing with Hot-spot - Depending on your smartphone, please use either guide below:
Wifi Extender Note: You can try and connect to the extender via hotspot. If you have connections issues here, then your not getting an internet connection from the source.