In this article, we will cover the purpose of each water usage alert, how they work, an example of the alerts, and assigning each of the alerts. This alert requires an HC Flow meter installed and configured correctly in the software under sensor settings.
|Alert||High Flow - High water usage for zone||Low Flow - Low water usage for zone|
|Purpose||Monitors and alerts you of a Zone with higher water used than the previous time it ran. This could indicate a leak or a damaged sprinkler or pipework.||Monitors and alerts you of a Zones lower water use than the previous time it ran. This could indicate a blocked sprinkler, drip line, filter, or pipework. It could also indicate a pump problem or lower pressure operation.|
|How It Works||You set a % variation (30% is reasonable). We continually monitor the system and if, on completion, the total flow rate has been higher than your % variation from the last run.||You set a % variation (30% is reasonable). We continually monitor the system and if, on completion, the total flow rate has been lower than your % variation from the last run.|
|Limitations||Hydrawise will not alert when the high flow or the last time flow run is less than 5 liters.||
Hydrawise will not alert when the low or the last time flow run is less than 5 liters.
|Example||Zone 1 last time it ran, used 100 Liters or gallons in a 20 mins cycle ( 5 per min). This time it used 200 Liters or gallons in a 24 min cycle (8.3 per min). This is over 30%, so we'll send an alert after the full run time cycle.||
Zone 3, the last time it ran, used 200 Liters or gallons in a 24 min cycle (8.3 per min). This time it used 100 Liters or gallons in a 20 mins cycle (5 per min). This is more than 30%, so we'll send an alert.
Setting up the Alert
- Sign in to your Hydrawise account.
- Select the Menu icon () on the upper left-hand side of the app. If accessing from a web browser, click on the () on the upper right-hand side.
- Under Account, select the Alerts tab.
- Select Add New Alert.
- Select and enter the Alert Name, Alert Type, and Water Usage Percentage (flow-related only).
- You can select which Controller should be linked to the alert.
- Finally, choose from the following action options:
- Option to add the event to the event log for tracking.
- Where to send in-app notifications.
- Assign a phone number for SMS notification (Enthusiast plan Only).
- Suspend a zone for days or weeks until the issue is repaired. This action for the alert High water usage for a zone allows the user to automatically suspend the zone for several days/weeks when high flow is detected. This will allow the time in the field to make all repairs necessary.