In this article, we will cover the purpose of each of the solenoid wiring alerts, how they work, example of the alerts and assigning each of the alerts.
Note: This alert is available with HC1200, Pro-HC, Pro-C Hydrawise, HPC-FP & HCC controllers. Remember, this alert is generated after the zone stops watering.
|Alert||High Current - Wiring short to your solenoid||Low Current - Broken wire to your solenoid|
|Purpose||Monitors and alerts you of High solenoid current , which can indicate a damaged solenoid or wire.||Monitors and alerts you of No solenoid current, which can indicate a broken wire, or no solenoid.|
|How It Works||Hydrawise monitors the solenoid (electic valve) and can detect how many solenoids are used for each zone. Should this change significantly, Hydrawise will alert you.||Hydrawise cannot detect any solenoids and therefore is unable to run this zone.|
|Example||Your irrigation system is old and some of the solenoids are worn out and stop working or you have a loose wire connection. Hydrawise detects this and can send you an alert.||
The gardener added a new garden bed and accidentally broke the irrigation wire, so we are unable to turn on the sprinklers for the grass. Hydrawise will detect this and stop your lawn from dying, by sending an alert.
NOTE: The low-current alert is generated after the zone stops watering (i.e., we wait for the entire cycle to see if there is any current). The high-current alert stops the zone at the end of the (aborted) cycle. The same is true for water-usage alerts (we check water usage at the end of the cycle against the previous time the zone ran).
Assigning the Alert
Please view the steps and screenshots to access this feature:
- Select the Three Line Icon int he upper left hand side.
- Select "Account."
- Select "Alerts."
- Continue with steps below.
- Click on the "Alerts" icon on the upper right hand side.
- Add "New Alert."
- Choose a "Alert Name" and "Alert Type."
- Choose which "controller" should be linked to the alert.
- Finally, choose from the following action options:
- Option to add the event to the event log for tracking
- Where to send in-app notifications
- Assign a phone number for SMS notification (Enthusiast plan Only)