Your controller has either 6 or 12 zones depending on the model you have purchased. There are 3 COMMON wiring points for convenience – any or all of them can be used. Refer to the diagram below when connecting your solenoid valves to the controller. Please click on the link below for the downloadable version of the controller to valve wiring diagram. Hydrawise Controller Connection Diagram
Solenoid Valve Wiring
- Take one wire from each solenoid, twist together and connect to the common (usually white) wire of your multi-conductor irrigation cable.
- Connect each of the other individual wires to a different colored wire. Record zones against wire color for later reference.
- Connect the common wire from the multi-conductor cable (usually white) to any of the three terminals on the controller marked COMMON.
- Connect each of the other solenoid wires to one of the ZONE inputs.
- If a master valve (sometimes labelled as MV on other controllers) is installed this can be connected to any spare zone as any of the zones can be assigned as a master valve output. Configuration of the master valve in the Hydrawise app is required.
- Click the blue wiring cover into place to seal the controller and protect the wiring.
Connecting the Transformer
- Use the plug pack supplied and connect the wires to the red AC terminal blocks on the unit marked as 24V. Polarity of the wiring is not important.
- Turn the power on. The power indicator will light up.