The Virtual Weather Station is a powerful tool based on a controller's geographic location. The Virtual Weather Station uses complex algorithms, satellite data, real weather stations, atmospheric data from airplanes, and pressure readings from mobile phones to calculate a comprehensive, highly accurate history for the selected location. You can now select the Virtual Weather Station as a weather station in Hydrawise free of charge.
Additional information analyzed by the Virtual Weather Station:
- All available public government weather stations worldwide.
- All available private weather stations are listed on Weather Underground.
- All available public weather satellites.
- All available plane flight data (about 40,000 per day).
- All mobile phones enabled with the Weather Underground App or weather data provided by
The Weather Company.
This information is geolocated to provide an accurate picture of the weather conditions at the controller location. Near major cities, we can typically provide a 1,600' (500 m) resolution. Away from major cities, the resolution is about 2.5 mi (4 km).
- Login to the Hydrawise app.
- Select the MENU icon on the upper left-hand side of the app. If accessing from a web browser, select the icon on the upper right-hand side.
- Select CONTROLLER SETTINGS.
- Select WEATHER STATIONS.
- Type in your ADDRESS (address with autofill from Google Maps). Your free VIRTUAL WEATHER STATION is shown at your home address.
- Click on the PURPLE icon for your Virtual Weather Station and click SELECT.
Note: The virtual weather station will appear more visible on the map if the boxes in the right panel are unchecked for personal and airport weather stations.