The Virtual Weather Station is a powerful tool created based on a controller's geographic location. TheVirtual Weather Station uses complex algorithms, satellite data, real weather stations, atmospheric data from airplanes, and pressure readings from mobile phones to calculate a comprehensive, highly accurate history for the selected location. You can now select the Virtual Weather Station as a weather station in Hydrawise free of charge.
Additional information analyzed by the Virtual Weather Station:
- All available public government weather stations worldwide.
- All available private weather stations listed on Weather Underground.
- All available public weather satellites.
- All available plane flight data (about 40,000 per day).
- All mobile phones enabled with the Weather Underground App or weather data provided by
The Weather Company.
This information is geolocated to provide an accurate picture of the weather conditions happening at the controller location. Near major cities, we can typically provide a 1,600' (500 m) resolution. Away from major cities, the resolution is about 2.5 mi (4 km).
Follow the steps below to access this feature:
- Click on "Controller Settings" from the home dashboard.
- Select "Weather Stations."
- Your free "Virtual Weather Station" should already be shown at your address.
- Click on the purple icon for your Virtual Weather Station and click "Select."
Note: The virtual weather station will appear more visible on the map if the boxes in Step 3 are unchecked for personal and airport weather stations.