Connecting the controller to primary AC power should be done by a licensed electrician following all local codes. Install in approved conduit and fittings. The controller can operate with either 120VAC or 230VAC power. Supply wires must be 14AWG/ 2 mm2 or larger.
Turn AC power "off" at the source, and verify that it is off.
Disconnect the "facepack" ribbon cable.
- Remove the "facepack."
- Remove the "cover" from the junction box.
Strip about 0.5” (13 mm) of insulation from the end of each AC power wire.
- Route the wires through the "conduit opening" inside the junction box.
- Connect AC wiring using supplied terminal block (or taped wire nuts where permissible).
- Insert copper wire from earth ground hardware, and tighten screw in front.
- Minimum 10 AWG/5mm2 wire to earth ground hardware.
- Add copper-clad steel ground rods and/or plates sufficient to achieve 10Ω or less resistance at a minimum 8’/2.5 m away from controller.