All Hunter Internet-connected devices, including Hydrawise™-enabled irrigation controllers, maintain the highest standards for security.
Web and App Security
Hunter follows industry best practices for security:
- All information exchanged between your controller and the Hydrawise service is encrypted, and no user identifiable information is transmitted between the controller and the Hydrawise service.
- We support industry standard protocols to secure your Wi-Fi connection. We strongly recommend that you use WPA2 to secure your Wi-Fi connection.
- All information exchanged between your web browser or app and the Hydrawise service is encrypted.
- When accessed remotely through our service, the Hydrawise system can only see your controller. It cannot view or access any other devices on your home network.
- No information about your home network (e.g., wireless name or passwords) is transmitted to the Hydrawise service. Your wireless password is hidden on the controller touch screen as soon as your controller connects to the Hydrawise service.
- We do not use port forwarding or require any router ports to be opened.
To help maintain a secure system, Hunter:
- Continually upgrades all controller firmware and software.
- Employs both internal and external system auditing.
- Consults with independent security companies to ensure we are following best practices.
- Performs full code penetration testing.