There are two ways to add a controller for a customer.
The first method is to create the controller on your own account. Then, configure it as you would if you or the customer created it straight on their account. This option can be used when a customer does not give account information (email) to the contractor.
- Click on the MULTI-SITE MANAGER icon on the upper right hand side, then MY CUSTOMERS.
- Next, go to MY CONTROLLERS and click ADD CONTROLLER.
- Create the controller by adding a NAME, SERIAL NUMBER (if you have it), and the LOCATION. NOTE: This can wait for when you get the customer's serial number.
If you end up gaining access to the customer's account, you can create it straight in their account. This will save you from having to move the controller from your account to theirs at a later time.
To learn more about moving controllers from your account into your customer's account, click here.
The second way to add a controller to a customer's account would be to create it directly by selecting the account under My Customers.
- Click on the "Manager" icon on the upper right hand side, then "My Customers."
- Click on the "controller" for editing.
- Click on the plus tab to add controller in this customers account.
- Create the controller by adding a controller Name, serial number (if you have it) and the location. Otherwise, this can wait for when you get the customer's serial number.