This article will cover the following information on editing your controller's serial number.
- Unlink controller from your account
- Linking to your account (Setup wizard and Dashboard)
Unlink From Account
This is important if you wish you resell your controller or want to transfer ownership to someone else. This prevents the next user from getting the error message that the serial number they are trying to link to their account is already in use.
To unlink a controller, follow the steps below:
- Select "Controller Settings" from the home dashboard on the left hand side.
- Mobile Device: Click on icon on the upper left hand side, then "Controller settings."
- On the next screen, locate your serial number. Then click "Remove serial."
NOTE: This is helpful if you are either using controller on another site or replacing under warranty.
Linking to Your Account
There are two locations where you can link your controller to your account:
- During the setup wizard (optional)
- From the controller Dashboard
NOTE: You only need to link your controller to your account once. If you provided a serial number when going through the setup wizard, you’ve successfully linked your controller to your account and you can ignore these instructions.
To link your controller through your account Dashboard, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account.
- On the Dashboard, click on the Settings icon located on the blue Watering Schedule bar. Then click the Link to controller… button.
- Enter your controller’s serial number. The eight-character serial number is found on the side of the unit. The serial number is not case-sensitive.
Once you’ve entered the serial number, your controller will automatically download your settings and begin watering based on your watering schedules.