If your flow meter is working but is not recording data in your Dashboard or events, follow the steps below for each test.
- Make sure the sensor is configured in the software.
- Make sure the controller is online. If not, please use this link for Wi-Fi troubleshooting steps.
- Remove the wire splices at the flow meter connection in the field.
- Turn a zone on MANUALLY from the controller or the app.
- Tap the two wires together that run to the controller 10 times, as each contact will record a pulse. Refresh the app to see if the flow usage was registered.
- If the app registered flow usage, your wiring and system are set up correctly. Reconnect to the flow meter and run a large flow (lots of sprinklers) zone. Did you get a flow on your app? If YES, all is OK. If NO, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the app did not register flow usage, test the sensor inputs on the controller. You can use the same method with a paper clip or wire to contact sensor 1 or 2 and the common terminal. Do this 10 times and then check for flow data usage at the home screen. If YES, there is a problem with the wire running to the flow meter. If NO, please contact email@example.com.
- Take a photo of the flow meter DIAL.
- Make a note of the TOTAL FLOW from the report “Total Water Use”.
- Run the system for a day’s watering.
- Take a second photo of the flow meter DIAL.
- Make another note of the TOTAL FLOW from the report “Total Water Use”.
- CALCULATE the amount of flow that went through the flowmeter.
- Next, CALCULATE the amount of flow that Hydrawise shows.
- RECALIBRATE the flowrate to suit the dial.
IMPORTANT: Our controllers are not polarity sensitive. There is no risk of electric shock when performing these tests. However, if you feel uncomfortable, please contact a qualified technician or irrigation specialist for further assistance.
NOTE: If it works at the controller end but not the flow-meter end, there is a wiring fault.