If you choose to use a flow meter from another manufacturer with a reed switch output, please make sure the configuration is set up under CUSTOM SENSOR TYPE.
- Log in to the Hydrawise app.
- Click the MENU icon on the upper left-hand side.
- Select the SENSORS option.
- Select CUSTOM SENSOR TYPE.
- Select ADD CUSTOM SENSOR TYPE.
- A dialogue box will appear for you to enter your custom flow meter details. Make sure you enter the calibration details for your custom, pulse-based flow meter. Please refer to the manufacturer specifications to determine the calibration. Otherwise, you will not receive accurate readings to display on your flow data.
When using a third-party flow meter, please ensure it meets the specs above and is calibrated correctly. Otherwise, data will not reflect accurately in reports. Also, note that the wiring is not polarity sensitive. As long as you have one wire in a Sensor Port and a Sensor Common, the device will work correctly. For flow meters that use three wires and meet the specs above, configure the wiring until you find the two correct wires to use.