If the controller loses its internet connection for more than 24 hours, you’ll receive a notification email. The controller will then go into offline mode. In offline mode, your controller won’t be able to access local weather conditions such as rainfall or evaporation. As a result, it will revert to a predefined program.
- For Smart Watering zones, the controller will adjust each zone’s watering length based on your offline watering budget and will water at each zone’s configured peak watering frequency.
- For Time-Based Watering zones, the controller will adjust each zone’s watering length based on your offline watering budget and will water at each zone’s configured watering frequency.
- Note that Cycle and Soak is not supported in offline mode and each zone will water for its full watering length without pausing.
- The controller will only water at your configured Program Start Times.
To set your controller to Offline Mode for manual configuration, please follow the steps below:
- From the main menu, tap on Settings.
- Tap on Offline Settings.
- Tap on Disable Wi-Fi.
- You will be presented with a warning dialogue. Please make sure you understand the warning before proceeding. If you're sure that you want to go offline, tap Go Offline.
- Now that your controller is in Offline Mode, you can configure it manually by tapping on Program Start Times.
- From this screen, you can manually configure each zone according to your desired schedule. Simply tap on Add to add a program start time and follow the steps below. You can toggle between zones by tapping on Next/Previous or you can leave the start time to APPLY to ALL ZONES.
Applying the start time to ALL ZONES will run through all zones with a single start time.
NOTE: Each zone can have up to four program start times and an additional four start times under the All Zones section as shown below.
- Tap ADD in the start times menu.
- Select the green box upper in left to enter PROGRAM START TIME (24 hr format)
- Tap the DAYS to be selected after finished with start time entry.
- Tap CONFIRM to save the start time entry.
- Add a second start time for all zones or single zone if desired.
- Tap the HOME icon (upper right) to allow station run times setup.
From the home screen, you can manually configure each zone run time. Simply tap on ZONES to add a zone run time and follow the steps below. You can toggle between zones by tapping on each zone number.
- Tap ZONES in the home menu.
- Tap the first zone to edit, (For Example: ZONE 1).
- Tap on RUN TIME in the center of the screen.
- Enter RUN TIME (minutes:seconds format), then press OK to save entry.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for station run times.
NOTE: To get your controller back in online mode, follow the above steps, enable Wi-Fi, reconnect to your SSID (Wi-Fi connection), and let the controller synchronize with your online Hydrawise account.