Using The Weather Company as the service provider for weather forecasting and history within the Hydrawise platform makes the data we provide even more accurate. We will continue using Weather Underground for customers who want to connect to their weather stations (PWS).
|Understanding the Forecast|
The Weather Company updates its Day 1 (today) and Day 2 (tomorrow) forecasts hourly and Day 3 forecast daily. Localized forecasting is now within 1,500' or 500 m of the location and forecasting occurs hourly instead of daily.
Data is gathered from the following areas:
- 120,000+ Weather stations (every available weather station on the Weather Underground network)
- 162 forecast models
- Atmospheric data from 50,000 flights per day
- 15 Million Pressure readings from mobile devices
- Satellite image and Geo-location weather photos.
The Weather Company updates Day 1 (today) and Day 2 (tomorrow) forecast every hour and day 3 to 14 daily.
Home plans - Water Schedules are updated daily around 2 AM based on the current forecast and observations. We will update the Dashboard forecast only once during the day.
Enthusiast Plans - Watering Schedules are updated about 2 AM and also an hour or so before each start time based on the most recently available hourly forecast and observations We will also revise the dashboard forecast & reports every time we change the Watering Schedule.
Note: The display will not show “today” because today has already started.
Rainfall Forecast: Hydrawise takes the high percentage of the full 24 hour day to determine the percentage of precipitation (POP). So either the day or a night POP of 100% will give an overall POP of 100%. If there’s 100% chance of rain in the evening then it is also 100% chance of day in that 24 hour period.
|Understanding the Weather Station Options|
Setting your location allows your Hydrawise controller to adjust watering based on your local weather conditions.
- The BLUE station would be the station you selected in that area.
- The check boxes allow you to remove the visibility of available stations in your area.
- A virtual weather station will always appear on your exact address since it is virtual and hardware at the site does not exist. For more information on virtual stations, click here.
|Personal Weather Stations||
Five stations can be selected on the Enthusiast plan
Airport Weather Stations
Virtual Weather Station
Only one station can be selected on a free Home Plan
|Selecting the Weather Station|
Please view the steps and screenshots to access this feature:
- From the home menu on the left-hand side of the screen, select Controller Settings.
- Click one of the circle icons to select a Weather station.
- You can enter your controller's location with the full street address.
- Click the Arrow icon to update.
- Click on the most relevant weather station(s). To start using a station, press the Select button.
Information from the weather station(s) is used to determine whether to suspend watering (due to high local rainfall for the day or week) or water more (due to high current temperature).
IMPORTANT: When a Weather Station is first selected, your dashboard will only display two days of data. After 24 hours, you will see three days of continuous forecast data.