By using The Weather Company as the service provider for weather forecasting and history within the Hydrawise platform, the data that we provide is even more accurate. We will continue to use Weather Underground for customers who want to connect to their own weather stations (PWS).
With this update:
- Localized forecasting is now within 1,500' or 500 m of the location.
- Forecasting occurs hourly instead of daily.
Data is gathered from the following areas:
- 120,000+ weather stations
- 162 forecast models
- Atmospheric data from 50,000 flights per day
- 15 million pressure readings from mobile devices
How does the Watering Schedule work under The Weather Company?
The Weather Company updates its Day 1 (today) and Day 2 (tomorrow) forecasts hourly and Day 3 forecast daily.
Home Plans: Watering Schedules are updated daily around 2 a.m. based on the current forecast. Hydrawise will update the Dashboard forecast only once per day.
Enthusiast Plans: Watering Schedules are updated daily around 2 a.m. and approximately one hour before each start time based on the most recently available forecast. The Dashboard will be revised based on forecast reports every time Hydrawise changes the Watering Schedule.
There may be a variation between the website (updated hourly) and Hydrawise Dashboard because the Dashboard displays the forecast that was used for the previous irrigation or the next scheduled irrigation. If no irrigation is scheduled for that day, we display the 2 a.m. update. If there was only one start time and irrigation is complete, Hydrawise will not update this forecast until around 2 a.m. or approximately one hour before the next start time.
You can force an update to the Dashboard forecast by visiting the Weather Station Page and updating the location.
Note: The display will not show “today” because today has already started.
Setting your location allows your Hydrawise controller to adjust watering based on your local weather conditions.
- The BLUE station would be the station you selected in that area.
- The check boxes allow you to remove the visibility of available stations in your area.
- A virtual weather station will always appear on your exact address since it is virtual and hardware at the site does not exist. For more information on virtual stations, click here.
|Personal Weather Stations||
Five stations can be selected on the Enthusiast plan
Airport Weather Stations
Virtual Weather Station
Only one station can be selected on a free Home Plan
Please view the steps and screenshots to access this feature:
- From the home menu on the left hand side of the screen, select Controller Settings.
- Click one of the circle icons to select a "Weather station."
- Enter the location of your controller with full street address and click Click arrow icon to update.
- Click on the most relevant weather station(s). To start using a station, press the Select button.
Information from the weather station(s) is used to determine whether to suspend watering (due to high local rainfall for the day or week) or water more (due to high current temperature).