Using The Weather Company for forecasting and history, we can now provide even more accurate data. Weather Underground will still be used for customers who want to connect to their own weather station (PWS).
- Localized forecasting is now with 500m or 1500’ of the location.
- Hourly forecasting instead of daily.
Data is gathered from the following areas:
- 120,000+ Weather stations
- 162 forecast models
- Atmospheric data from 50,000 flights per day
- 15 Million Pressure readings from mobile devices
How does our Watering Schedule work under The Weather Company?
TWC updates it’s Day 1 (today) and Day 2 (tomorrow) forecast every hour and day 3 daily.
Home plans - Water Schedules are updated daily around 2 AM based on the current forecast and observations, Hydrawise will update the Dashboard forecast only once during the day.
Enthusiast Plans - Watering Schedules are updated about 2 AM and an hour or so before each start time based on the most recently available hourly forecast and observations. The dashboard will be revised based on forecast & reports every time Hydrawise changing the Watering Schedule.
This can cause a variation between the Website (updated hourly) and Hydrawise Dashboard as we are displaying the forecast in the Dashboard that was used for the irrigation past or the next irrigation or if no irrigation for that day, we display the 2 AM update. If there was only 1 start time and the irrigation had finished, Hydrawise will not update this forecast until around 2 am or the hour or so before the next start time.
You can force an update to the Dashboard Forecast by simply going into the Weather Station Page and updating the location as this will force a fresh update for the forecast.
Note: It will not show “today” as it has already started.
Setting your location allows your Hydrawise controller to adjust watering based on your local weather conditions.
- The BLUE station would be the station you selected in that area.
- The check boxes allow you to remove the visibility of available stations in your area.
- A virtual weather station will always appear on your exact address since it is virtual and hardware at the site does not exist. For more information on virtual stations, click here.
|Personal Weather Stations||
Five stations can be selected on the Enthusiast plan
Airport Weather Stations
Virtual Weather Station
Only one station can be selected on a free Home Plan
Please view the steps and screenshots to access this feature:
- From the home menu on the left hand side of the screen, select Controller Settings.
- Click one of the circle icons to select a "Weather station."
- Enter the location of your controller with full street address and click Click arrow icon to update.
- Click on the most relevant weather station(s). To start using a station, press the Select button.
Information from the weather station(s) is used to determine whether to suspend watering (due to high local rainfall for the day or week) or water more (due to high current temperature).