Try connecting another device to the same wireless router and see if you can successfully browse to the Hydrawise website at http://hydrawise.com.
Navigate to the Network Settings page on the controller and press the Test Network button on the controller. This will perform a ping test to your local wireless modem, your DNS server, and the Hydrawise server. Make sure these tests are successful. If the test fails at the Hydrawise website, there is a DNS issue or a router issue.
The Test Network button can be used to test network connectivity for troubleshooting purposes. The network test will verify connectivity to four destinations:
- Checking Wi-Fi performs a ping test to the Gateway address listed in the Network Status screen. If this test fails, check that you don’t have MAC address filtering enabled on your router.
- Checking DNS performs a ping test to the DNS address listed in the Network Status screen. If this test fails, check that the DNS address is correct. If it is wrong, correct the DNS address under DHCP Settings on your wireless router. It is possible for this test to fail if the DNS server does not accept ping requests.
- Checking Internet performs a ping test to the Google server at IP address 184.108.40.206. This is a well-known server that accepts ping requests on the internet. If this test fails, it indicates an issue with the internet configuration of your wireless router.
- Checking Hydrawise performs a ping test to the Hydrawise servers. If this test fails, there may be an issue with the internet configuration of your wireless router.
Make sure the DNS server setting on the controller matches the other settings on your devices (e.g., phone, tablet, or computer).
Check that the router is not set up to block or filter internet traffic. Some routers have parental controls that can block Hydrawise traffic.
- Make sure your controller is getting a good signal from the wireless router. Poor wireless strength can lead to connection errors.
- Reset router by pressing the reset button or simply unplugging and plugging back in.
- Lastly, try the factory default reset procedure using the instructions in this article.