The steps below will explain how to add a customer with an existing account ( homeowner created one already ) and adding a customer where a account is already created. The videos below will walk you through each of the mobile steps.
In some cases as the contractor, you may have to add the controller into your personal business account without knowing the customer's information. If this is done, you can move the controller at a later date as long as they are in your account as a customer. For instructions on moving the controller after they are added as a customer, see the article here.
Add a customer
- Click on the MULTI-SITE MANAGER icon on the upper right-hand side.
- Next, click ADD NEW CUSTOMER.
- Enter the customer's EMAIL ADDRESS or search for an existing customer account using a serial number. If you don't have this information, click SKIP. Then click NEXT.
- If the customer already set up an account, you will be prompted to Click REQUEST ACCESS This will send the customer an email asking for access to manage their controller.
If your customer does not have an account, enter the EMAIL ADDRESS requested by the customer. You’ll then be able to create an account immediately.
Selections Descriptions Customer's Email The email address that the customer will use to log in to their account Customer's Name The customer’s name Type of User
- If you want your customer to have full control over their system, select “Can modify configuration and run zones.”
- If you don’t want your customer to change their configuration, select “Can view configuration, manually run zones.”
Send Notifications To Choose where to send emails about controllers being offline or plans requiring renewal. This can be either your email address or your customer’s email address. Send activation email to me instead of customer’s email address If you don’t want the customer to receive an account activation email, check this box and the activation email will not be sent to homeowner.
Once you click Create, you’ll be taken through a wizard to set up your customer’s controller. The controller will be linked to your account. Your new customer will then be visible in your list of customers in the Contractor Portal (Fig. 1). The homeowner will receive a email notification automatically from Hydrawise to set up a password (Fig. 2-3).