There are a few possible reasons to set up your own station:
- You don’t have any nearby stations to select from.
- You want your observations to be as accurate as possible.
- You have other uses for the local climate information.
There is a wide range of weather stations available on the market suitable for uploading weather data to Weather Underground. The following link provides the most common Stations.
The different brands offer different measurements, accuracy, and build quality. Consequently, they vary in price from about $100 (U.S. dollars) to $1,000. They generally measure the following parameters:
- Indoor temperature and humidity
- Outdoor temperature and humidity
- Wind speed
- Wind direction
- Atmospheric pressure
You can refer to this link for the exact steps to register your personal weather station. Weather Underground
Once Weather Underground has approved and are broadcasting the PWS, please provide us with the PWS ID. We can upgrade you to the free PWS plan so you have access to your own weather station. Contact Us