Flow meters measure the amount of water going onto each zone. This is really useful for understanding water usage and monitoring issues such as broken pipes. Hydrawise reporting allows you to see how much water is used for each zone and how much water is used across your system.
With a flow meter, you can also create alerts for flow issues, which will keep you up to date on what’s happening (particularly important for unattended homes). See Creating Alerts for more information.
that 0.5 mm (20 GA) wire is good for a run of up to 240'. Connect the wires to your Hydrawise controller.
NOTE: HPC Controllers with date codes of JAN 2023 and newer include two sensor inputs.
The SEN-SEN terminals from the original HPC Controllers have been split into SEN and
SEN-2, to allow for two separate sensor installations (i.e., flow meter + rain sensor).
Sensors now wire separately across the Common terminal (COM).
To configure a sensor in the Hydrawise software, follow the steps below.
- Sign in to your HYDRAWISE account
- Click the () icon in the upper left.
- Click SENSORS.
- Create a new sensor by clicking ADD SENSOR TO CONTROLLER.
- Choose the SENSOR NAME.
- Choose the TYPE OF SENSOR.
- Change the controller input to SENSOR 1 or SENSOR 2. If you have a HPC model, then select SEN.
- Click NEXT.
- Select the ZONES that you want the sensor to shut down when triggered.
- Click OK.