Flow meters measure the amount of water going onto each zone. This is really useful for understanding water usage and monitoring issues such as broken pipes. Hydrawise reporting allows you to see how much water is used for each zone and how much water is used across your system.
With a flow meter, you can also create alerts for flow issues, which will keep you up to date on what’s happening (particularly important for unattended homes). See Creating Alerts for more information.
that 0.5 mm (20 GA) wire is good for a run of up to 240'. Connect the wires to your Hydrawise controller.
There are a few steps to configure your flow meter in the application online.
- Sign in to the Hydrawise app.
- From the HOME screen, select the () icon in the upper left.
- Select SENSORS
- Click ADD SENSOR TO CONTROLLER.
- Fill out the sensor details. Choose the sensor NAME, TYPE, OR SENSOR (refer to the label on the box for correct meter model), and the CONTROLLER input (refer to wiring diagram above). You also have the option to create a custom sensor.
- Once you’ve created your sensor, SELECT THE ZONES that will apply to that sensor. The zones selected will move below into the selected section.
|Step 1-3||Step 4|
|Step 5||Step 6|