- Check that your wireless router is powered on.
- Make sure that the controller is close enough to wireless access point/router.
- Make sure that the router has 2.4GHz W-Fi enabled. The controller will connect to 2.4GHz 802.11b/g wireless access points. Some routers are set to accept 5GHz only.
- Check that the security mode for both your wireless router and controller are the same. Hydrawise strongly recommends WPA2 personal for both the wireless router and controller. If your router is not configured for this, try changing the security mode to WPA2 personal.
- Navigate to the Network Settings page on the controller. Check to see if the signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen is blinking or if it is solid green. A blinking icon means it’s trying to connect, and a solid icon means it is connected to the wireless router.
- Press Test Network on the controller. This will do a ping test to your local wireless modem, your DNS server, and the Hydrawise server. Make sure the tests are successful.
Test Network can be used to test network connectivity for troubleshooting purposes. The network test will verify connectivity to four destinations.
|Checking Wi-Fi||Performs a ping test to the Gateway address listed in the Network Status screen. If this test fails, check that you don’t have MAC address filtering enabled on your router.|
Performs a ping test to the DNS address listed in the Network Status screen. If this test fails, check that the DNS address is correct. If it is wrong, correct the DNS address under DHCP Settings on your wireless router. This test may fail if the DNS server does not accept ping requests.
|Checking Internet||Performs a ping test to the Google server at IP address 188.8.131.52. This is a well-known server that accepts ping requests on the internet. If this test fails, that means there is an issue with the internet configuration of your wireless router.|
|Checking Hydrawise||Performs a ping test to the Hydrawise servers. If this test fails, there may be an issue with the internet configuration of your wireless router.|
- Make sure you have values in your IP address, Gateway, and Netmask. Make sure that the DNS server setting on the controller matches the other settings on your device.
- Check other devices that are connected to the same access point to see if they can go to the Hydrawise website.
You can also refer to our network requirements article for further information by clicking Wi-Fi Specifications