First, check your Wi-Fi signal strength by reading the tips in our article here. In an average home, you usually have to deal with three major sources of Wi-Fi signal interference:
- Wall and floor interference: Homes built with brick, concrete, or metal have the most impact on Wi-Fi signal interference because the construction material can block off the signals. Wood and glass can also interfere, but not as much.
- Competing Wi-Fi network interference: If you live in a highly populated urban area, you may experience a weak Wi-Fi signal due to a large number of competing signals in your area.
- Electronic interference: TVs, computers, mobile phones, microwaves, and other electronic devices are present in most homes. Any type of electronic device can interfere with your Wi-Fi signal.
These types of interference can disrupt your Hydrawise device. Here are some troubleshooting tips to help solve the problem:
- First, determine the Wi-Fi signal strength in the area where you want to mount the controller. Test the signal using your smartphone or another Wi-Fi device to make sure the signal is showing at least medium to high strength.
- Make sure there are no metal or concrete objects that are in the direct line of sight between the controller and your router/Wi-Fi device:
- Do not place your controller inside a metal shed.
- Do not place your controller in a basement.
- Remove electronic devices located between the controller and the line of sight of your router.
- If you can put a network access point or Wi-Fi extender near your controller, you can establish a direct line of sight to the Wi-Fi source without interference.
For more information on Wi-Fi troubleshooting, click here.