Use this document for help with the following scenario:
- The contractor no longer wishes to maintain the controller, and wants to transfer control to the homeowner.
- The homeowner has not yet set up an account.
First, instruct the homeowner to register for a Hydrawise account. The next steps show what the homeowner will be responsible for:
- Visit www.hydrawise.com.
- Select “Try Now” and fill out the registration form.
- Once the homeowner receives the confirmation email, have them click on “Let’s Get Started!”
- IMPORTANT: After they accept the terms, they will need to immediately exit the setup wizard.
- The system will then request that the homeowner chooses and enter a password. After this step, the homeowner is done.
From this point forward, the contractor will need to do the following:
- Add the homeowner/customer to your list by clicking on the add button, shown below.
- Enter the homeowner’s email address.
- The system should show that the homeowner is already registered for an account.
- Click on “Request Access.”
- In the controller list, locate the controller you want to move and click on the three dots, then MOVE.
- Choose the customer account that you added to the list earlier and click “Move.”
- If you are successful, you should see the following message:
- You can then delete the customer from your account by clicking on the three dots and selecting "Remove From My Account."