The chart below will include all the necessary key points of the install to avoid any false alerts or readings.
|Flow Meter Body||Flow meters are designed to be installed horizontally only, not vertically.Analog dial for manual readings shown in US gallons. Units can be changed in App to gallons or liters.|
|Adapter||Brass unions included to fit your irrigation system.|
|Entry Location||Install between the master valve and zone valves. Meter should be installed 10 times pipe diameter before and 5 times after with straight pipe, no fittings.|
|Cable used (Shielded Only)||18 gauge - 1000 foot max Length. Shielded wire must be used. Cable should consist of two dedicated wires and must not be in the same conduit, cable bundle or trench as the solenoid wires. DO NOT share common wire. Avoiding electrical interference, see below:|
|Flow meter body||Arrow indicates direction of flow.|
|Blue/White wire only, red not used. See sensor configuration for more info based on model controller.|
|Log in to your account||Enter your login information.|
|Create your flow sensor||App will show options for all HC meters.|
|Creating Alerts||See link here|
Avoid Electrical Interference
- Always use Shielded Cable, between the controller and the HC Flow Meter.
- At the controller end using the shield (foil wrap) and the bare wire connect them to the Controller GND terminal, not required for HC controllers.
- Do not connect the other end of the Shield or the bare wire to the Earth or a grounding stake
- Use Waterproof wire connectors at the flow meter, such as 3M 316IR or 3M DBY
- Shielded cable is commonly available, here are some manufacturers. Paige & Regency