You may want to have several people in your organization manage your customers’ controllers or your customers may have more than one person in their household or business who wants to manage their controller. This can easily be done by adding extra users for a customer.
In the contractor portal, find your customer and click on their account name to configure user details.
The following information can be found in this section:
- Add new user
- Edit user
- Delete user
- Resend Activation Emails
- Sending a Lost Password Email
Adding a User
- In the My Account Details section, scroll to the bottom.
- Click the plus button and this will show the New User screen to add the following information:
- User Name - The name of the new user
- Email Address - The email address that the new user will use to log into their account
- Type of User - If you want your customer to have full control over their system, select “Can modify configuration and run zones." If you don’t want your customer to be able to change their configuration, select “Can view configuration, manually run zones”
- Click OK – the user will get an activation email and will be prompted to select a password.
Editing a User
- Click on Settings then My Customers.
- Click on the customer you want to manager or search by the username/email.
- Click on the user you would like to edit
- Select icon, then view details
- From the menu, select icon, then EDIT.
Deleting a User
The same steps will also allow you to delete this user.
Resend Activation Emails
The same steps will also allow you to re-send the account activation email to this user in the event it was lost or deleted.
Sending a Lost Password Email
The same steps will also allow you to send an email to the user for them to reset their password.