You may want to have several people in your organization manage your customers’ controllers. Or your customers may have more than one person in their household or business who wants to manage their controller. You can do this by adding extra users for a customer.
In the contractor portal, find your customer and click on their name to configure their details.
Find the user you’re interested in and either click on their name or use the menu to view their details. From here you can add new users, delete users, alter user settings or resend activation emails to users.
Adding a User
- In the My Account Details section, scroll to the bottom.
- Tap the plus button and this will show the New User screen.
User Name The name of the new user
Email Address The email address that the new user will use to log into their account
Type of User If you want your customer to have full control over their system, select “Can modify configuration and run zones”
If you don’t want your customer to be able to change their configuration, select “Can view configuration, manually run zones”
Click Create – the user will get an activation email and when they visit their Dashboard for the first time they will need to select a password.
Editing a User
- Click on Settings then My Customers
- Click on the customer you want to manager or search by the username or email
- Click on the user you want to change
- Select icon, then view details
- From the menu, select icon, then EDIT.
- If you want the user to have full control over the controller, select “Can modify configuration and run zones”
- If you don’t want the user to be able to change the configuration, select “Can view configuration, manually run zones”
Deleting a User
The same steps will also allow you to delete this user.
Resend Activation Emails
This allows you to re-send the account activation email to this user, in case, they can’t find it.
Sending a Lost Password Email
This allows you to send an email to the user to allow them to reset their password.