The connection status screen shows your controller’s connection to Hydrawise servers for synchronizing schedule and weather information. The features on this screen include Updated Connection, Connection Quality, Wi-Fi Signal Strength, Software Version, and the controller Serial Number. To view this screen, select STATUS, then CONNECTION STATUS.
- CONNECTED: Status of Connection to Hydrawise Servers. This is the number of seconds, minutes, or hours since the controller checked in to the Hydrawise Cloud. The Can't find Wi-Fi access point message means the controller is unable to find a Wi-Fi signal (Fig.1). The Offline Mode message indicates the Wi-Fi is disabled (Fig.2).
- CONNECTION QUALITY: A detailed summary of the internet connection. Measures the internet connection from Controller to Hydrawise Cloud. Wi-Fi, Router, ISP & Internet etc.
- Total Time Connection Quality - This is based on the last time the controller powered up.
- Last Hour Connection Quality – This is the percentage of connection in the last hour, 100% indicates no drop in connection for any reason.
- WiFi SIGNAL STRENGTH: This is a measurement of just the signal strength between the controller and the router/booster. The scale is represented by High, Medium, Low, or Poor. Hydrawise controllers require a signal of medium or above for a stable connection.
- SOFTWARE VERSION: Controller / Wi-Fi Firmware.
- SERIAL NUMBER: The serial number is used to link your actual controller with your Hydrawise account. Learn more
- CHECK CONNECTION: A series of tests done that will offer suggestions on issues and ways to fix them.
|Fig 1.||Fig 2.|
|OK - updated xxx seconds ago||
The controller is connected to Hydrawise and last got a configuration update xxx seconds ago. This is the normal state.
|Wireless Down||Wireless is not connected|
|OK - Updating certificates||The controller is doing an initial upgrade from version 2.x to 3.x software. You should only see this once, if the controller is continually showing this then there is a problem - please contact Anthony with a video of the problem.|
|OK - Downloading Software||
The controller is doing a firmware upgrade. During this period no configuration changes will be processed by the controller.
|Connecting in xxx seconds||
The controller is not connected and is waiting xxx seconds before attempting to reconnect to the internet. When a connection fails we do not try to reconnect immediately - there is an escalating delay between 5 seconds the 60 minutes (worst case after 33 unsuccessful connections). There is a “Reconnect Now” button on the Controller Status screen to force a reconnection immediately if you’re in front of the controller.
|Connecting to the Internet||
The controller is attempting to connect to the internet
|Connecting to Hydrawise||
The controller has connected to the internet and is now connecting to the Hydrawise servers
|OK - subscribing to updates||
The controller has connected to Hydrawise and is getting its configuration
|OK - processing cloud update||The controller is connected to Hydrawise and is processing a configuration change|
|Updating Wi-Fi firmware||
The controller is updating the Wi-Fi firmware to 19.5.4. During this period no configuration changes will be processed by the controller.
|Updating Pro-C adapter||
The controller is updating the Pro-C adapter software. During this period no configuration changes will be processed by the controller.