From the Home screen, navigate to the Controller Status by pressing Status > Controller Status.
The controller status screen shows your controller’s connection to Hydrawise servers for synchronizing schedule and weather information.
Status of Connection to Hydrawise Servers
Your Serial Number. Used to link your controller to your account
Connection to Hydrawise Success Rate
A successful connection to the Hydrawise servers is indicated by Sync’d as the Server Status.
|OK - updated xxx seconds ago||
The controller is connected to Hydrawise and last got a configuration update xxx seconds ago. This is the normal state.
|Wireless Down||Wireless is not connected|
|OK - Updating certificates||The controller is doing an initial upgrade from version 2.x to 3.x software. You should only see this once, if the controller is continually showing this then there is a problem - please contact Anthony with a video of the problem.|
|OK - Downloading Software||
The controller is doing a firmware upgrade. During this period no configuration changes will be processed by the controller.
|Connecting in xxx seconds||
The controller is not connected and is waiting xxx seconds before attempting to reconnect to the internet. When a connection fails we do not try to reconnect immediately - there is an escalating delay between 5 seconds the 60 minutes (worst case after 33 unsuccessful connections). There is a “Reconnect Now” button on the Controller Status screen to force a reconnection immediately if you’re in front of the controller.
|Connecting to the Internet||
The controller is attempting to connect to the internet
|Connecting to Hydrawise||
Controller has connected to the internet and is now connecting to the Hydrawise servers
|OK - subscribing to updates||
Controller has connected to Hydrawise and is getting its configuration
|OK - processing cloud update||Controller is connected to Hydrawise and is processing a configuration change|
|Updating Wi-Fi firmware||
The controller is updating the Wi-Fi firmware to 19.5.4. During this period no configuration changes will be processed by the controller.
|Updating Pro-C adapter||
The controller is updating the Pro-C adapter software. During this period no configuration changes will be processed by the controller.
Success percentage - this is the percentage of time the controller has been connected to Hydrawise. We measure this over a 6-hour time frame. 100% means it was always connected, 80% means that for 20% of the time it was not connected.
A low success percentage will indicate a poor wireless connection between the controller and your access point.
To improve your wireless signal strength you could try the following –
- Move the controller closer to your wireless router.
- Remove any obstacles in a direct line of sight between the controller and your wireless router such as metal items (metal is an extremely good isolator for WiFi signals).
- Move your wireless router closer to the controller.
- Install a higher gain antenna on your wireless router.
- Use Ethernet to a location closer to the controller and install a new wireless router.
- Consider a WiFi repeater/extender between your wireless router and the Hydrawise controller to boost the signal strength.
- Consider moving the controller away from potential sources of interference, including microwave ovens, nearby base stations using adjacent channels or cordless telephones operating in the 2.4GHz range (you could also change the channel your phone uses).
Note that the Hydrawise unit is designed to work in poor wireless environments. However, if you wish to manually run or stop a zone and the wireless signal is down then these actions will fail.
If the controller loses internet for more than 24 hours you’ll receive a notification email.
The controller will go into an offline mode. In offline mode, your controller won’t be able to access local weather conditions such as rainfall or evaporation and will revert to a pre-defined program.
- For Smart Watering zones, the controller will adjust each zone’s watering length based on your offline watering budget and will water at each zone’s configured peak watering frequency.
- For Time Based Watering zones, the controller will adjust each zone’s watering length based on your offline watering budget and will water at each zone’s configured watering frequency.
- For more information on Smart and Time Based Watering, see “Configuring Irrigation Zones”.
- Note that Cycle & Soak is not supported in Offline Mode and each zone will water for its full watering length without pausing.
- The controller will only water at your configured Program Start Times.
The controller does not need a battery, all settings are saved in a non-volatile RAM (memory).
The serial number is used to link your actual controller with your Hydrawise account. This number is also printed on the rear of the controller.