The following Wi-Fi requirements apply to your Hunter Hydrawise-ready controller:
- Hunter HC controller is 802.11 B/G
- Hunter Pro-HC controller is 802.11 B/G/N
- Hunter HPC controller is 802.11 B/G/N
Here are some tips to ensure optimal controller functionality:
|Bandwidth||2.4 GHz only. Not compatible with 5 GHz|
|Router Channel||Set between 1-11|
|Security Type||WPA or WPA 2|
|Guest Networks/Networks with portal page login||Not compatible|
|Mac Address (If Needed)||
|NOTE: The network must not contain enterprise access points that have been configured to require certificates or other forms of enterprise authentication.|
The network must not contain enterprise access points that have been configured to require certificates or other forms of enterprise authentication. Hydrawise-ready controllers cannot connect to guest networks or networks that use a portal page to log in.
The HC and Pro-HC controllers only connect to the Wi-Fi network to gain internet access to Hydrawise cloud-based servers held within AWS (Amazon Web Service) cloud-based systems. If you connect the controllers via MAC addressing, use the manual method. Do this by entering the prefix 001e followed by the controller serial number for the HC (e.g., 001e05fb90ce) and entering the f8f0 followed by the controller serial number for the PROHC (e.g., f8f005fb90ce).
The Hydrawise system allows for remote controller programming via smartphones, tablets, and internet-connected computers. All functions of the Hydrawise system can be performed from these devices.
- Internet-connected computers and laptops connect to the local network through the internet and to the Hydrawise cloud via a web login at hydrawise.com. This web link provides a unique login and secure password access to the Hydrawise system located on the AWS servers.
- Smartphones and tablets require the use of an app that provides a secure connection to the Hydrawise system on the AWS servers. Hydrawise provides iOS and Android apps.